Young Canada Works- Library Program Assistant (Student)
Serving the Town of Taber and the surrounding municipal district, Taber Public Library’s (TPL) mission is to meet the informational, educational, recreational and cultural needs of the community. TPL is here to satisfy curiosity, help express creativity, celebrate diversity and stimulate imagination.
TPL has an opening for 1 Library Program Assistant: a team player responsible for assisting with library programming for children, seniors, and other patrons of the library. The Library Program Assistant works closely with the Program Coordinator and reports to the Assistant Manager.
This is a part time temporary position, working 30 hours per week Tuesday through Saturday tentatively beginning October 2020 and ending late January 2020 (16 weeks). Hourly rate is $15.50 per hour paid on a bi-weekly basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Presenting various events over the course of the work term i.e. games, readings, guest visits,
- Assisting with all aspects of Library programming
- Social media posting, some web editing
- Promotion to local businesses for financial/gift-in-kind donations
- Supervising participant registration for programs
- Maintaining program statistics (participants, supplies, volunteers, donors)
- Maintaining program supplies
- Filing documents, shredding files, organizing program storage areas for efficiency
- Working within a set budget
- Assisting in maintenance and repair of library materials
Skills & Qualifications
- Imagination and creativity
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to interact with individuals of all age levels
- Ability to work with little supervision and/or in a team setting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Recently enrolled in secondary or post-secondary school as a full-time student intend to return to full-time studies in 2021 required. Students in library technician diploma program, recreational programming diploma program, education degree program or MLIS degree program preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Please note: satisfactory background screening is required for this position, which includes a Criminal Record Check/Police Information Check.
Taber Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
All those interested in applying for these positions may email a cover letter and resume to:
Taber Public Library
Deadline for applications is 4:00 PM September 30th, 2020.