LIBRARY MANAGER—Taber, AB
Do you have a passion for rural communities and libraries? The Taber Public Library is looking for a dynamic leader to continue growing and leading our Library. If you are a highly motivated librarian or future graduate, who has an understanding and interest in the current trends in public library service coupled with an interest in networking and strong management skills, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Carry out job functions with initiative, flexibility and accountability, think strategically, plan creatively, and manage change
- Mentor, manage, provide technical expertise and training while working effectively to lead a cohesive team
- Develop and implement the Library’s Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Library Board and allocate resources to ensure effective library operations
- Build, promote and weed collections of library materials that are responsive to the needs of the local community.
- Build and sustain relationships and partnerships in the community, with staff, board members and the general public.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous professional development and growth
- Prepare, administer and monitor operating and capital budgets to ensure cost effective operations
- Communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and individuals from diverse backgrounds
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master of Library and Information Science degree or Library Tech Diploma with progressive experience is desired.
- A working knowledge of current library trends, best practices and procedures as well as relevant provincial and federal legislation
- Proven management skills and competence in running a successful library including collections, services, strategic planning, staffing, delegation, training, programs, community relations, financial management and budgeting
- Knowledge of and ability to be trained in various technological advances in the library information science profession.
Employment Status: Permanent, Full-time (37.5 hours/wk) days with some evening and weekends. Competitive wage plus benefits.
A criminal record and vulnerable sector check are conditions of employment. If you are interested in this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/in person: Attention Erica Hughes. The deadline is 10 a.m. on Friday February 7, 2020.