General Policy: Rental of Library Facilities
The Taber Public Library views it facility resource as a viable community asset. Meeting rooms are provided for library and library-related programs and meetings. After these needs are met, the meeting room facilities are available to groups and organizations in accordance with this policy as established by the Board.
The Taber Public Library, as a community resource, welcomes the opportunity for making its meeting areas available to community groups whenever these areas are not required for normal library use.
1. The use of these meeting areas is subject to prior approval of the Library Board and/or Library Manager. Any such approval shall be for a maximum of one (1) year, at the end of which time, the Library Board will review the continued use of the facility.
2. The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by Library staff or Board.
3. It is understood that library programming will have first priority in room use.
4. Program room is available after 10:00 am on Tuesdays through Saturdays, and after 1:00 pm on Mondays.
5. Room Booking forms must be filled out in full and damage deposit and rental fees must be paid for at least one week in advance of key being issued. Key will only be issued on the day of the program if the program is being held after hours. Key is to be dropped off in the book return located at the southwest corner of the library once program has ended. All bookings must be made through the Program Coordinator. Booking of the room must include set-up time and take-down time.
6. Bookings will require a $100.00 damage deposit (to be paid by cheque) which is refundable upon end of booking term if no damage has been incurred. Room rental fees can be paid by either cash or cheque (separate from damage deposit).
7. All events and any necessary clean-up must be completed prior to 10:00 pm.
8. Please see Schedule “C” under Library Bylaws for room and equipment fees.
9. The Taber Library is not responsible for any equipment, supplies, materials, clothing, or other items brought to the Library by any group or individual attending a meeting.
9.1 Taber Library will provide chairs, tables and use of fridge/sink.
10. Taber Library Board and staff do not assume any liability for groups or individuals attending a meeting in the library.
11. Refreshments other than alcohol may be served and shall be provided by the group. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on library premises, including outside area and grounds.
12. Any group or individual using the room(s) shall leave it in neat, orderly condition, if not, the group/individual will be given notice that continued offense will result in denied access to the meeting room(s) and any cleaning charges will be assessed from the damage deposit.
13. Lost keys – damage deposit will be forfeit at the Library Manager’s discretion and additional charges may be assessed to cover cost of re-keying locks. Keys must be dropped in the book drop immediately after the event.
Date of Approval: April 30, 2001
Date Reviewed/Revised: October 12, 2004
September 11, 2007
June 10, 2008
June 11, 2010
April 9, 2013
September 8, 2015