Finance Policy: Gifts & Donations
Finance Policy and Procedures for the Taber Public Library.
The Library will not accept for deposit, materials which are not outright gifts.
1. The Library Manager has the authority to accept books and other materials on the condition that they make whatever disposition is deemed appropriate using the guidelines as listed.
2. Donated books should be:
- Published within the last 5 years
- Recent best sellers
- Clean copies of classic titles
- Newer paperbacks in good condition
3. Library Manager will not accept:
- Materials in poor condition
- Dated information (particularly science and technology books)
- Old government publications
4. Gifts of money, real property, and/or stock will be accepted if donations are made to the Library.
5. The Library Manager shall report to the Board on a monthly basis, all donations made to the library.
Date of Approval: February 1, 2000
Date Reviewed/Revised: November 9, 2004
October 11, 2005
September 11, 2007
June 10, 2008
May 11, 2010
May 14, 2013
October 13, 2015